Module 1 : Introducing the environment
- What is the environment? – Putting the environment in context.
- Key environmental issues and how we contribute.
- Definition of the environment.
Module 2 : Identifying common environmental hazards
- Working with the environment.
- What is pollution?
- Sources, receptors and pathways.
- Environmental consequences – identifying the environmental consequences of our working practices.
Module 3 : Controlling environmental hazards
- Environmental risk assessment.
- Effective control mechanisms.
- Protecting the environment.
Module 4 : Improving environmental performance
- What is an environmental management system (EMS)?
- What are the benefits of having an ems?
- Ems structure and models.
- Identifying what elements of EMS your company has and how they work.
- Roles and responsibilities.