- Define what Emotional Intelligence is, what it is not and why is it important for the workplace.
- Outline the key pillars that make up the emotional intelligence.
- Discover one’s level of emotional intelligence and identify the different social styles of colleagues for proper management and versatility.
- Practice different skills & techniques for enhancing communication between teams and peers for emotional & social management.
- Demonstrate the attributes of an emotionally intelligent individual in stressful & conflicting situations that occur at workplaces.
- Compose an action plan for their further development of emotional intelligence competence.
- Recognize how to leverage emotions and notice emotions in others
- Take the organization one step ahead through better teamwork, greater self-control and having more flexible and resilient environment
Module1: Emotional Intelligence Overview
Defining Emotional Intelligence
Emotional Intelligence Pillars
Danial Goleman’s Model
EI Self-assessment and understanding the results
Module2: Self Awareness
Discovering our social style
Wheel of emotions
Identifying values and dreams
Wheel of life to grow what we treasure
Module3: Self Soothing & Regulation
Self-motivation and inner drive
Having different perspectives & empathy
Circle of control and circle of influence
Highlight your strengths and opportunities
How to present yourself with confidence
Module4: Social Awareness
Observing different styles
Being agile and having empathy
Understanding empathy and its impact on relationships
Effective communication skills
Module5: Relationship Management
Versatility with different social styles
Giving and accepting feedback
How do you manage your emotions in the workplace