Module 1: Definition of Critical Thinking
- What is critical thinking?
- The importance of critical thinking
- Common critical thinking styles
Module 2 : The Structure of Reasoning
- Point of view
- Implications and consequences
- Data, facts, and experience
Module 3 : The Critical Thinking Process
- The critical thinking model
- The standards of critical thinking
- Identifying the issues
- Clarifying the issues and arguments
- Establishing context
- Checking credibility and consistency
Module 4 : Standards of Critical Thinking
- Ethics of critical thinkers
Module 5 : Analytical Skills and Data Analysis
- Identifying core analytical skills.
- Describing the steps in the analytical process: plan, analyze, conclude.
Module 6 : The Planning Phase
- Defining the purpose of the analysis.
- Improving your analytical skills by clarifying relevant issues and questions: why, who, options, benefits and risks.
- Identifying issues that are essential for a comprehensive understanding.
- Deciding on an approach for an analysis project.
- Creating a data collection plan for obtaining information.